Freelance Jobs
Powered By google

IF You Are Unable To Find Your Books here. Then kindly make your request in the shoutbox below with book and author name :

Increase your Page rank:

>> Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Today 4-30-07 as I was working on my PC I noticed one of my web sites had dropped in PageRank. It appears to be a GLOBAL down-trend affecting a lot of people I have talked to.



At first, I didn’t think much of it as sometimes the PageRank on a web page will fluctuate. But as I showed one of my sites to someone I noticed it too had dropped in PageRank! Holy bat cave! A PageRank Update is in full effect.

For those of you who may not know about it, Google periodically updates the PageRank that the public will see in the Google Toolbar and other places (PageRank Checkers). Back just a year or so ago it was around every month or two but has changed to every 2 or 3 or 4 months for a complete update.

Regardless of the timeframe of the public update, it’s important to know that Google PageRank is constantly updating in real time, however we don’t always get to see that ourselves until they do the ‘public update”.

So what does all of this mean? Well, for one it means that we can see PageRank on our newer sites and also see what progress we’ve made on our older established sites.

Unfortunately today - it appears that there is an “internet wide” global drop in PageRank. In other words, MANY web sites (not all) have gotten their updated toolbar display of PageRank and have seen a drop of 1 PageRank point (on a scale of 1 to 10 - 10 being best). While I am happy to say MOST of my sites stayed the same - several of them have dropped and a few of them that should have zoomed up high stayed the same. All new sites WENT UP SIGNIFICANTLY.

http://www.articleunderground.com has been a strong PR 6 with boat loads of traffic and a high Alexa rank of 16,000 and hey - it dropped from 6 to 5… that aint right! It’s never been stronger from a popularity and incoming link standpoint.

As I looked at a few more of my sites to see the new PageRank I saw a few drop that should have gone UP…

Hmmm…. was it just me? The more I checked on other sites than my own, the more that I saw drop 1 or 2 PR.

In fact very few sites I looked at from the general public had the same PageRank. Almost all the sites I looked at had dropped.

goarticles.com was now a PageRank 4…. hmmm… wasn’t that a 6??? WOW!

PR 6 to PR 4 is a HUGE DROP! And that has long been thought of as an AUTHORITY site (it’s not my site).

Other sites from other people I looked at had dropped as well… in fact almost every site that was documented in my Directory Submission lists were down on average 1 or 2 points!

linkstraffic.net down to PageRank 4 from 5…

siteinclusion.com down to 4 from 5….

(those are NOT my sites)

OK, I’m starting to feel better as it is APPARENT that globally the web has had a drop in PageRank. NOT EVERYBODY but almost every site I have looked at.

This UPDATE shows a global DOWN TREND. At least that’s what I think…. I’ve talked to a few others and they believe I am right. Their sites have dropped too. Yes, some sites have GONE UP - I have sites too that have gone up - especially the newer ones have gone up - but a couple of the older seasoned sites dropped.



What this means is that something GLOBALLY has changed in Google’s calculations.

It may be temporary, and it is certainly possible they will make another adjustment, but it seems like something that affects a lot of sites has changed.

It could be an algo change. It may only affect older sites… It could be that a few MASSIVELY POPULAR sites no longer pass PageRank (dmoz??? or Yahoo???).

It could also be that Goo has found a new way to penalize web sites for things it does not like (they don’t like a lot of things!).

It could be that there are MANY MANY MORE sites and pages in the Google database and as such the average value of a page’s PageRank has dropped… after all - the value of a page’s PR is dependant on how many pages there are. It’s a fixed value - not infinite. If someone goes up - then someone goes down - at least that is what I think.

WHO KNOWS! Nobody knows for sure!

BUT get ready for a lot of speculation as all our favorite gurus will no doubt be telling us why this has happened. Frankly I don’t think that’s possible as Google is tight lipped and rarely ever spills the reason why things happen.

I have no idea if there were really algo changes. It appears so…

I will say on my sites and on other people’s sites… this drop is significant.

So what! What does this really mean?

NOTHING REALLY!

BUT people will try to make it have meaning.

For example - those who do not have sites with high PageRank will use this to try and diminish the importance of sites who do have higher PageRank. After all it’s not very impressive to have a site with PageRank 3 or 4 and now an awful lot of PageRank 4 and 5 sites have dropped.

So do those sites and those pages have any less value? NO! They still have value RELATIVE to other pages on the net.

Only problem is that it appears we have seen a global drop so maybe a PageRank 4 is the new 5. PageRank 5 is the new 6. I don’t know! I am just speculating!

I still have pages that are PageRank 6 - so it has not affected ALL of my sites.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Because now the people who will get hurt the most are the web sites that have been selling HIGH PAGERANK text links for inflated high prices (not me - I do not sell text links). They can no longer charge big bucks if a PageRank 8 drops to 6… or a 6 drops to 4 etc.

Sooo… that brings up another SEO conspiracy theory…

Maybe Google did this on purpose to burst the bubble of those that are selling text links??? It is possible. In fact Google has made it publicly known that they are going after sites that sell text links and are aggressively trying to figure out how to penalize them. Maybe this is their easy solution of hurting businesses based on the selling high PageRank text links.

But then again - take what I say with a grain of salt as well as all the other RUMORS you’ll be hearing. There is no definitive answer yet and possibly never will be.

The good news is - IF you have any sites that stayed at the same PageRank despite this global downtrend - or went up - you know that you have a powerful site.

Me, I have a PageRank 6 that stayed the same. Surely it deserved to be a PageRank 7 but hey - at this point I am happy it is still a 6. I also have a lot of PR 5’s.



So - should you be concerned with this PageRank thing???

Well, yes and no… don’t lose sleep over it - but be aware that the more you have of it - relative to what other people have - the easier time you’ll have ranking on more competitive keyword phrases.

The “long tail phrases” in general are unaffected by PageRank, as very few webmasters target these longer phrases. BUT if you are going after super competitive phrases like “internet marketing” or “search engine optimization” it is extremely important that you have very high PageRank to get ahead of the thousands of other webmasters actively trying to be on top for those phrases.

PageRank is not the only weight factor - but it is ONE OF THEM.

I think the bottom line message I would like to deliver is - while it does have importance - you should not obsess over how much PR your pages have.

As long as you have lots of good high quality text links containing the words you want to rank on, you should do well.

Get as many links as you can from pages with high PageRank, but now more than ever, we need to take all the links we can get and not discriminate against pages that only have PR 3 or 4…

SECRET TECHNIQUE of the NETWORK STARS

Match TITLE keywords with LINK TEXT keywords.

Sure - more PR on the page is better - but you can do other things to make your links count more - such as matching the TITLES of the pages your links are on with the LINK TEXT pointing at your URL.

This tactic works regardless of PageRank… sure it may work better if the page has high PR but let’s face it - very few webmasters are doing this secret technique.

I’d say less than 1% of the so-called SEO experts know about this trick.

So, it’s still important to care about your links, but maybe be concerned a bit more with the overall quality than simply the PageRank of the page.

As always - this article is up for discussion.

I’m sure there will be many differing opinions on this. Let’s hear from you. What do you think happened today?

Why did the PageRank drop - or did it?

Maybe you think I am full of it!

Tell us what YOU think!

0 comments:

FOR ISSUES CONTACT ME...!

Privacy Policy        Contact me: tahir90.webdeveloper@gmail.com

 
SEO by Master Google